Subject: unresolved symbol udelay with ALSA on PPC

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:25:19 +0200

hi !

sorry for crossposting, this one is probably inappropriate for either
the alsa or the ppc list. the problem is, i don't know which ;)

this is after successfully compiling 2.4.19-pre8-ben0 for PPC on a
powerbook g3 (pismo) and installing the alsa drivers from
alsa-driver-0.9.0rc1.tar.bz2:

ephraim:/usr/src/alsa-driver-0.9.0rc1 # depmod -ae -F
/boot/System.map-2.4.19-pre8-ben0
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.19-pre8-ben0/kernel/sound/ppc/snd-powermac.o
depmod:         udelay

can anyone clue me in on this ? i grepped for udelay, but it seems it's
a very popular string in the source tree, so i gave up :( it seems to be
defined alright for other kernel modules. afaics, snd-powermac is the
only one that has problems.

thanks in advance,

jörn

--
Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat
the yellow snow !
	- Frank Zappa

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/