Subject: XV lockups with SMP 2.4.19-rc1-ben0

From: Henry Worth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:53:21 -0700

Since rsyncing to Ben's 2.4.19-rc1-benh yesterday (and today), I have not
been able to build an SMP kernel with working XV. System is AGP dual
PowerMac
with 450MHz 7400's, Rage 128, XFree85 4.2.0 and YDL 2.2. Kernels built with
Ben's config and and minimal change for SMP (I've tried distributed and
non-distribured rupts). I had SMP and XV working with Xine from a Saturday
rsync, but not since rsync'ing yesterday or today (and I saved and tried
the same config that had worked). All builds are mrproper. It looks like
there have been some changes in some DRM and FB header files, but I didn't
save the previous version to diff against

XV will work with Xine when built as a non-SMP kernel, but an SMP kernel
will lock-up almost instantly after hitting the Xine play button with dual
processors and after a couple of seconds with a single CPU (maxcpus=1).

After lockup I can usually telnet in to reboot, but not always (usually
the screen blanks or loses sync in these cases). Haven't had any success
trying to kill and restart the X server as can usual be done with X server
hangs.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/