Subject: Re: XV lockups with SMP 2.4.19-rc1-ben0

From: Henry Worth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:13:22 -0700

Michel Dänzer wrote:

>>_Both the YDL installed 4.2 binaries and the patched 4_2-branch with DRI
>>  enabled, the kdm login window is nearly unreadable. The subwindow
>>  background has a cross-hatch, same as startup stipple, that blends with
>>  the prompt and input field. Will sometimes clearup after a few VT
>>switches or X restarts. Does not occur with DRI disabled or at all with 4.2.99.
>>
>
>If this only happens on server reset,
>http://www.penguinppc.org/~daenzer/XFree86-4.2/patches/r128-indirectBuffer.diff should help. This is also on the CVS trunk already, and the radeon driver has been fixed even better in DRI CVS.
>
Thanks, that patch fixes the problem.

And, forcing PCI mode allows concurrent DRI and Xv. I've had my system
loaded up continuusly to 99+% with makes, ping floods, Xv xine, and
DRI enabled glxgears for an hour, and could still startup Mozilla and
compose this.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/