Subject: booting Linux on est8260 using FCC2

From: Jim Mesenbrink <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:35:14 -0500

I have an EST SBC8260 board that I am trying to boot Linux using the
FCC2 interface.  I am using ppcboot 1.2.0 and Linux 2.4.20-pre10.  I get
as far in the boot process as:

    IP-Config: Complete:
          device=eth0, addr=10.0.0.8, mask=255.255.255.0, gw=10.0.0.1,
         host=est8260, domain=, nis-domain=(none),
         bootserver=10.0.0.62, rootserver=10.0.0.62, rootpath=
    NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
    Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 10.0.0.62

After which the board goes silent.  I've placed a sniffer on the same
net to verify that the board stops talking.  If I use the slower SCC
ethernet interface everything works fine.  I have tried setting the port
to half duplex on my switch without any luck.  I looked at the clock
settings etc. in fcc_enet.c after reading a reply posted by Allen Curtis
in regards to this exact situation, "Booting Linux Kernel on a EST8260",
posted by another user.  I quickly realized I wasn't sure what I should
exactly be looking for.  This issue also appears in the posting
"root=/dev/nfs on sbc8260".  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jim Mesenbrink					 FlightSafety International
[email-masked]				 Visual Simulation Systems
Phone: 314-551-8422				 5695 Campus Parkway
FAX:   314-551-8444				 St. Louis, MO 63042-2338

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/