Subject: Re: boot/simple in ROM?

From: "Mark A. Greer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:49:21 -0700

Kent Borg wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 01:13:35PM -0400, Dan Malek wrote:
>
>
>>The other really nice thing about these bootloaders, compressed
>>kernels, and attached initrd, is you can boot the identical image
>>from all "devices."  For example, during development you can tftp
>>load the image, get everything working, then place the exact same
>>bits into a flash rom.  Simply jump to the first location of the
>>image and it will boot from flash.
>>
>>
>
>Yes, but disappointingly the ppc/boot/simple I am using (from 2.4
>devel) won't run from ROM.  Is there a better boot loader I should be
>using?
>
>
You're a little sparse on info here but try lopping off the first 64KB
of your zImage (or jump 0x10000 into the zImage that you have).

Mark

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/