Subject: Re: linuxppc_2_4_devel: 2.4.20 rc2 - where's pImage build?

From: "David Müller (ELSOFT AG)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:49:43 +0200

Hello

Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 08:30:38PM -0700, Tom Guilliams wrote:
>
>
>>Anyone know why the BOOT_TARGET define for "pImage" in arch/ppc/Makefile
>>was taken out?  Are we not going to support the build rule for
>>U-Boot/PPCBoot anymore other than building it manually (gzip vmlinux
>>then use "mkimage").
>
>
> Probably a bad merge.  Wasn't there a patch / request a while back to
> update things (or just add it for 2.5?  I forget) that never got back to
> me.  Anyhow, I'll try and put this back next week (finals week this
> week) and see if I can get it up to Marcelo, provided someone else can
> verify that it works right.
>

This patch adds support for PPCBoot and U-Boot (PPCBoot's successor).

Dave