Subject: Re: Problems rebuilding the DENX ELDK

From: Steven Scholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:18:05 +0200

Dear Wolfgang,

> Dear Steven,
>
> in message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
>
>>I am trying to rebuild the great DENX's ELDK from scratch.
>>My host is a SuSE 8.2 system.
>>The first obstacle is that some packages won't build with recent
>>automake/autoconf version. So I got some old versions built and
>>installed them on my system.
>>
>>Now the first step - build the RPM - works. I do get a rpm binary in
>>/opt/eldk/build/ppc-2003-07-23/work/bin
>
>
> Just a note: if this is not really urgent, you  might  just  want  to
> wait a bit. We're working on the next release of the ELDK, which will
> be based on YD-3.0, which contains rpm-4.1
>
> I guess we will have to validate this release  with  a  SuSE  system,
> too.
Jippieh!!!

I test! I test! :o)

I made it once to rebuild the ELDK under a modified SuSE 8.0. But I
can't do it again. I just can't remember what I did. But as long as I
am not able to rebuild it I can't update my build host to a more
recent SuSE version... :-(

So I think I can wait (how long?). But any idea about my original
question?
I'd love to understand this whole automake/autoconf/rpm stuff?
I suppose the times of handwriten/optimized Makefiles are gone...
Forever... ;-)

Thanks,

Steven

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/