Subject: 750/107 - PCI or Interrupt problem?

From: Richard Danter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:54:01 +0100

Hi All,

I have made some progress in porting Linux 2.4.x to a wrPPMC7xx board.
Yipee!

But now I have hit another problem...

It seems the kernel finds the ethernet card plugged into one of the PCI
slots. All the diagnostics seem to work too. In fact, it even sends out
a BOOTP request, as I can see it logged on my server.

The problem is it does not seem to be getting the BOOTP reply. It
eventually times out. But I can see from my server that a reply is being
sent.

At the moment I think the problem is most likely in my <board>_pci.c
code or <board>_setup.c. I don't get any hardware interrupts (ie setting
a hardware breakpoint on 0x0500 does not stop the CPU) and I would have
expected that... or am I way off track here?? I am also unsure if I have
set up my pci_irq_table or <board>_openpic_initsenses structures correctly.

Any suggestions where I should be looking in the code??

Hopefully if this part works then I get an IP address and can mount my
NFS root filesystem...

Thanks
Rich

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/