Subject: jffs2, kupdated and wdog to

From: Jaap-Jan Boor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:03:36 +0200

Hi,

I use a kernel timer (add_timer) to strobe proprietary wdog implemented
in hw. I notice that once in a while when the kupdated task gets busy,
my kernel timer is not called for a long time (400 - 500 ms) because
of jffs2 administration (e.g. jffs2_free_inode_cache).

I still use the Denx 2.4.4 eldk 1.0 kernel. Does somebody know of
a more recent jffs2 that calls schedule() more often or is this
behaviour changed in kernels with the preemptible patch?

(is there a better way to strobe watchdogs then using a kernel timer?)

thanks,

Jaap-Jan

--
J.G.J. Boor			  Anton Philipsweg 1
Software Engineer		  1223 KZ Hilversum
AimSys bv              		  tel. +31 35 689 1941
Postbus 2194, 1200 CD Hilversum   mailto:[email-masked]

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/