Subject: Re: Linux on Motorola LoPEC

From: "Mark A. Greer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:08:59 -0700

André Lämmer wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I have a Motorola PPC-board. It is the LoPEC-P011 with PPC5-Bug version
>1.3. The board has only a network connection an no hard disk or flash
>memory.
>
>Now, I want run Linux on it. My idea is to load the bootloader with tftp
>und mount the filesystem with nfs.
>
I think what you mean is that you want to load the zImage (compressed
kernel + arch/ppc/boot/... bootwrapper [+ initrd]) and mount the root
filesystem via nfs.

> The problem is, that I cannot find
>any working bootloader. I tried ppcboot, but there is no config for the
>LoPEC.
>
That board should have come with working firmware.  Did it get erased or
something?  If so, you should be able to get a fw binary from Morotola.

>Do anyone know a installtion guide for this board? Or is there a working
>bootloader and kernel?
>
Look on the MOT website.

Mark

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/