Subject: Re: UART prints very slow

From: "Mark A. Greer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:48:02 -0700

Interrupt problem.  Double check the irq you specified in the uart setup
stuff.

Mark
--

Yuxiao Xi wrote:

>Hello,all,
>    I am developing my board with CPU MPC8240 and a UART ST16C2552.
>I use MontaVista Linux 2.1. Now I have successfully logged in the
>shell.But there is a question that I can't resolve:( I am sure that the
>UART is successfully initialized except that ST16C2552 is detected as
>ST16650.I debugged the UART interrupt and the printk info showed that it
>was OK.
>
>QUESTION: when I input commands such as 'ls', 'cd /dev' on the shell,
>the characters of these commands are printed very slow on the screen
>and the command execution results as well. I think these commands and
>their execution results are printed through UART interrupt.Is MPC8240
>interrupt ACK so slow? BTW: while system booting,the UART prints very
>quickly in polling print mode.
>
>¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Yuxiao Xi
>¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡[email-masked]
>¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡2003-09-30
>
>
>
>
>
>

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/