Subject: [Fwd: ppc4xx Ports]

From: Jon Masters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:42:49 +0000

Hi there,

Thanks to Matt Porter for suggesting I might care to try here.

Cheers,

Jon.

Subject: ppc4xx Ports
From: Jon Masters <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:20:06 +0000

Hi there,

I am working on a 405D port using a base kernel of originally 2.4.20 and
now 2.4.21 from kernel.org rather than Montavista etc.

There are several 4xx ports kicking around and each bodges the tlb stuff
in pgtable.h and elsewhere makes simple fixes to make the stock kernel
actually work...though there are several different offerings by now.
Would someone care to share experiences privately about 4xx ports?

Cheers,

Jon.

P.S. The stock 2.4.21 kernel on has a bunch of very trivial bugs (from
losing a register in the syscall handler to breaking shared ptes) and
will not compile correctly out of the box so to speak. A lot of people
seem to be using the Montavista tree as a result. Now rather than
whining I would also like to help so am asking to make contact with
whoever co-ordinates merging these trees together etc.