Subject: Re: powerpc gdb and gdbserver

From: "Christopher R. Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:27:26 -0500

Ok that worked pretty well, except that gdbserver wants a library called
libthread_db.so on the target.  From what little I can find this looks
like something I should build from the glibc mess.  Does anyone know
what options I need to add to the glibc build in order to create this
library?

Thanks!

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 12:50:51PM -0500, Christopher R. Johnson wrote:
>
>>I'm about to go and grab gdb to build a host-based debugger and
>>target-based (PPC 405GP) gdbserver.  Anybody out there with advice on
>>how to do this?  Should it just work out of the box or is there stuff I
>>need to do to gdbserver for this platform?  The sources I just found are
>>gdb-6.0, and I'm using quite recent tools (gcc 3.3.2 glibc 2.3.2
>>binutils 2.14.90.0.5 - kudos to Dan Kegle for the crosstools stuff!!!).
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>
>It should simply build and work.  You build GDB by setting a --target
>and gdbserver by setting a --host.  If you don't want to build a native
>GDB at the same time, run the --host build by gdbserver/configure
>instead of the top-level src/configure.
>
>--
>Daniel Jacobowitz
>MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer
>
>

--
Christopher R. Johnson
Principal Software Engineer
GCC Printers
(781)276-8763

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/