Subject: Re: powerpc gdb and gdbserver

From: "Christopher R. Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:32:03 -0500

Good news.  All I needed to do was setup Kegel's crosstool.sh by adding
the following to my powerpc-405.dat file:
GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--without-fp"

to

GLIBC_EXTRA_CONFIG="--without-fp --enable-add-ons=linuxthreads_db"

And used crosstool to rebuild the tool chain.  That resulted in the
library gdbserver needed to run.  I need some instruction from Dan on
how to rebuild just a component, after this type of config change, so I
don't go through the 2 hour crosstool run.

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 03:37:49PM -0500, Christopher R. Johnson wrote:
>
>>As I mentioned, the library doesn't exist.  I need to build it, but I'm
>>not sure where it comes from (glibc I think) or how to get it built.
>>Its a target library, so I have to build it for ppc and deliver it to
>>my target box.  That part I know how to do, its creating the library to
>>begin with that I don't know how to do.
>>
>
>Wherever you got glibc from you should have gotten libthread_db.so.1
>also; maybe it just wasn't installed?
>

--
Christopher R. Johnson
Principal Software Engineer
GCC Printers
(781)276-8763

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/