Subject: RE: [PATCH v1]460EX on-chip SATA driver<resubmisison>

From: Rupjyoti Sarmah <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:14:47 +0530

Hi Wolfgang,

I took the mainline kernel v2.6.35-rc3 and downloaded using the git
download link.
I created the patch on 6/24/2010 after doing a git pull.

With the kernel tree on 6/24/2010 the driver compiled. I also tested the
functionality on the SATA drive & it worked.

Regards,
Rup

-----Original Message-----
From: Wolfgang Denk [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 5:28 PM
To: Rupjyoti Sarmah
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [PATCH v1]460EX on-chip SATA driver<resubmisison>

Dear Rupjyoti Sarmah,

In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> This patch enables the on-chip DWC SATA controller of the AppliedMicro
processor 460EX.
>
> Signed-off-by: Rupjyoti Sarmah <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Mark Miesfeld <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Prodyut Hazarika <[email-masked]>
>
> ---
> This patch incorporates the changes advised in the mailing list. The
device
> tree changes were submitted as a seperate patch.

Which kernel is this patch supposed to be applied to?

Using current mainline (v2.6.35-rc3-262-g984bc96) the patch applies
without problems, but when I enable it in the kernel configuration I
get this:

drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:43:1: warning: "DRV_NAME" redefined
In file included from drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:38:
drivers/ata/libata.h:31:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:44:1: warning: "DRV_VERSION" redefined
drivers/ata/libata.h:32:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_scr_read':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:777: error: 'struct ata_port' has no member
named 'ioaddr'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_scr_write':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:793: error: 'struct ata_port' has no member
named 'ioaddr'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_error_intr':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:844: error: 'struct ata_port_operations' has
no member named 'sff_check_status'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_isr':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:953: error: 'struct ata_port_operations' has
no member named 'sff_check_status'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:957: error: 'struct ata_port_operations' has
no member named 'sff_check_status'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:991: error: implicit declaration of function
'ata_sff_hsm_move'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1030: error: 'struct ata_port_operations' has
no member named 'sff_check_status'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: At top level:
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1213: warning: 'struct ata_ioports' declared
inside parameter list
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1213: warning: its scope is only this
definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_setup_port':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1215: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1216: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1218: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1219: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1221: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1223: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1224: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1225: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1227: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1228: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1229: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1231: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1232: error: dereferencing pointer to
incomplete type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_port_start':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1273: error: 'struct ata_port' has no member
named 'bmdma_prd'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1274: error: 'struct ata_port' has no member
named 'bmdma_prd_dma'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_exec_command_by_tag':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1356: warning: passing argument 1 of
'ata_get_cmd_descript' makes integer from pointer without a cast
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1369: error: implicit declaration of function
'ata_sff_exec_command'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_qc_issue':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1512: error: 'struct ata_port_operations' has
no member named 'sff_tf_load'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1516: error: implicit declaration of function
'ata_sff_qc_issue'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_error_handler':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1545: error: implicit declaration of function
'ata_sff_error_handler'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: At top level:
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1564: error: 'ata_sff_port_ops' undeclared
here (not in a function)
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1577: error: unknown field 'bmdma_setup'
specified in initializer
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1577: warning: initialization from
incompatible pointer type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1578: error: unknown field 'bmdma_start'
specified in initializer
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1578: warning: initialization from
incompatible pointer type
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c: In function 'sata_dwc_probe':
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1638: error: 'struct ata_port' has no member
named 'ioaddr'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1639: error: 'struct ata_port' has no member
named 'ioaddr'
drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.c:1641: error: 'struct ata_port' has no member
named 'ioaddr'
make[2]: *** [drivers/ata/sata_dwc_460ex.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/ata] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

Does this require any specific kernel version?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

-- 
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,     MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]
A direct quote from the Boss: "We passed over a lot of good people to
get the ones we hired."