Subject: Re: [v3] powerpc/boot: Add OPAL console to epapr wrappers

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 00:10:12 +1000 (AEST)

On Thu, 2016-30-06 at 14:34:37 UTC, Oliver O'Halloran wrote:
> This patch adds an OPAL console backend to the powerpc boot wrapper so
> that decompression failures inside the wrapper can be reported to the
> user. This is important since it typically indicates data corruption in
> the firmware and other nasty things.
> 
> Currently this only works when building a little endian kernel. When
> compiling a 64 bit BE kernel the wrapper is always build 32 bit to be
> compatible with some 32 bit firmwares. BE support will be added at a
> later date. Another limitation of this is that only the "raw" type of
> OPAL console is supported, however machines that provide a hvsi console
> also provide a raw console so this is not an issue in practice.
> 
> Actually-written-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Oliver O'Halloran <[email-masked]>

Applied to powerpc next, thanks.

https://git.kernel.org/powerpc/c/656ad58ef19e2a763fa5c938b2

cheers