Subject: Re: [02/15] cxl: Add cxl_slot_is_supported API

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 20:53:09 +1000 (AEST)

On Wed, 2016-13-07 at 21:17:01 UTC, Ian Munsie wrote:
> From: Ian Munsie <[email-masked]>
> 
> This extends the check that the adapter is in a CAPI capable slot so
> that it may be called by external users in the kernel API. This will be
> used by the upcoming Mellanox CX4 support, which needs to know ahead of
> time if the card can be switched to cxl mode so that it can leave it in
> PCI mode if it is not.
> 
> This API takes a parameter to check if CAPP DMA mode is supported, which
> it currently only allows on P8NVL systems, since that mode currently has
> issues accessing memory < 4GB on P8, and we cannot realistically avoid
> that.
> 
> This API does not currently check if a CAPP unit is available (i.e. not
> already assigned to another PHB) on P8. Doing so would be racy since it
> is assigned on a first come first serve basis, and so long as CAPP DMA
> mode is not supported on P8 we don't need this, since the only
> anticipated user of this API requires CAPP DMA mode.
> 
> Cc: Philippe Bergheaud <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Ian Munsie <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Andrew Donnellan <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Frederic Barrat <[email-masked]>

Applied to powerpc next, thanks.

https://git.kernel.org/powerpc/c/4e56f858bdde5cbfb70f61badd

cheers