Subject: Re: powerpc: cmp -> cmpd for 64-bit

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 21:21:11 +1100 (AEDT)

On Thu, 2016-06-10 at 13:42:19 UTC, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> PowerPC's "cmp" instruction has four operands.  Normally people write
> "cmpw" or "cmpd" for the second cmp operand 0 or 1.  But, frequently
> people forget, and write "cmp" with just three operands.
> 
> With older binutils this is silently accepted as if this was "cmpw",
> while often "cmpd" is wanted.  With newer binutils GAS will complain
> about this for 64-bit code.  For 32-bit code it still silently assumes
> "cmpw" is what is meant.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>

Applied to powerpc fixes, thanks.

I added:
  Fixes: 948cf67c4726 ("powerpc: Add NAP mode support on Power7 in HV mode")
  Cc: [email-masked] # v3.0

https://git.kernel.org/powerpc/c/80f23935cadb1c654e81951f5a8b7c

cheers