Subject: Re: [v2, 3/3] powerpc/64s/radix: Fix process table entry cache invalidation

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 10:30:19 +1100 (AEDT)

On Tue, 2017-10-24 at 13:06:54 UTC, Nicholas Piggin wrote:
> According to the architecture, the process table entry cache must be
> flushed with tlbie RIC=2.
> 
> Currently the process table entry is set to invalid right before the
> PID is returned to the allocator, with no invalidation. This works on
> existing implementations that are known to not cache the process table
> entry for any except the current PIDR.
> 
> It is architecturally correct and cleaner to invalidate with RIC=2
> after clearing the process table entry and before the PID is returned
> to the allocator. This can be done in arch_exit_mmap that runs before
> the final flush, and to ensure the final flush (fullmm) is always a
> RIC=2 variant.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>

Applied to powerpc next, thanks.

https://git.kernel.org/powerpc/c/30b49ec798f0984b905fd94d1957d6

cheers