Subject: Re: Problems with dma_alloc_coherent()

From: "Michael R. Zucca" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 15:52:20 -0500

Eugene Surovegin wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 02:10:00PM -0500, John Whitney wrote:

> I think we should add such info to a structure which describes the _bus_, not
> _device_.
> I'm not "new-device-model" guru, so I cannot comment _how_ this can be
> implemented though :)

A bus description alone is not sufficient. A generic DMA API should take
both a source and destination device. Between any two sources and
destinations there may be several intervening bridges, which potentially
means programming those bridges and/or doing several address translations.

--
----------------------------------------------
  Michael Zucca - [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------
  "I'm too old to use Emacs." -- Rod MacDonald
----------------------------------------------

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/