Subject: Re: MPC85xx support

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:05:46 -0400

Jon Loeliger wrote:

> I am planning to release an updated version of the mpc85xx support
> for U-Boot in just a few days.  It will be updated to Rev 1.1 and
> has major improvements to the TSEC driver.

Major improvements?  I recently posted a patch for the RPC/STx 8560
board that included some TSEC updates, I don't know if they have made
it into the CVS.  If not, please snag that from the mailing list so
they are not lost.

> .....  An updated Linux release
> is close as well, but I'll let my partner in crime speak there. :-)

Those of us working on 85xx support have our own local versions of
Linux 2.4.  Due to the amount of change and the desire to keep 2.4
stable, we are negotiating some clever ways to get this checked into
the public trees.  I have the U-boot and kernel available for the
RPC/STx GP3 boards on my server, if that is useful to get you started.

Thanks.

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/