Subject: Re: Lite5200 PCI not working

From: Mark Jonas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:19:42 +0200

Iñigo,

I experienced this behavior with an USB card before. With that card the
reason was a short on the USB card between 3.3V and 5V supply pins. In a
normal PC this seems to be no problem (maybe because a PC's PCI ports
are 5V only). The Lite5200 survived. To be sure if this is the problem I
recommend testing the card for the short.

Mark

>Hi.
>I've bought a 3.3V PCI ethernet card (US Robotics 7900) and tried to use it with the Lite5200 kit, but when I power it, it doesn't even turn on, with both power LEDs (3.3V and 5V) off. What may be the problem and where should I look for it?
>Thanks.
>
>Iñigo
>
>
>
>
>

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/