Subject: Re: GT64260_eth (Ethernet) Driver

From: "Mark A. Greer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:07:14 -0700

David Woodhouse wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 15:05 -0700, Mark A. Greer wrote:
>
>
>>Would you mind looking at the code, giving me feedback ("this totally
>>sucks and needs to be thrown out" is perfectly valid) and looking for
>>things I may have missed?
>>
>>
>
>For one, pci_auto sucks and needs to be thrown out. If the generic Linux
>PCI resource assignment is broken, fix it rather than reimplementing it.
>
Point taken.  I'll put it on the list but since its useful for testing
right now, I make it a lower priority.

>I'd also like to ditch the typedefs (use struct mv64x60_setup_info
>instead of mv64x60_setup_info_t etc.).
>
Ahh, G*d I hate that...struct aaa, struct bbb, struct ccc all over the
place when its not necessary & adds no value.  Anyway, I will do that.

>
>Further than that I haven't noticed much yet -- my Friday ended before I
>got the machine to boot. I think I relocated the chip to the wrong
>address, because first the memory probe returned zero and then the PCI
>idents were all 0xFFFF. I'll play some more on Monday.
>
>Thanks for the pointers.
>

Sure.  Let me know how it goes.

Mark

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/