Subject: Re: [PATCH][RFC]Updated MPC I2C driver

From: Sylvain Munaut <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 23:07:07 +0200

Matthew McClintock wrote:

 > The blocks look very similar, you might want to look at the follow
 > up patch I just sent that abstracts the read/writes. It might be as
 > simple as abstracting another read/write function for your
 > particular platform.
 >

Yes
I'd say they are identical in fact. I kind of forgot that readl/writel
does a endianness correction. So in fact this driver should work for
the MPC5200.

My only concern is about interrupts.
MPC5200 has two I2C port:
 * One is MBAR + 0x3D00
 * Second is MBAR + 0x3D40

At MBAR + 0x3D20 there is an interrupt control register for the I2C
ports ( shared, 4bits for the first port, 4bits for the second).
 It controls for what reason an I2C interrupt should be fired. I don't
know if there is a similar register on the other, I'll look up the
datasheets.

Sylvain Munaut

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/