Subject: still binutils problems: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `dssall'

From: Christian Kujau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 01:20:04 +0200

hi,

$subject was discussed quite often here, but i am not sure, if a
solution was found. may i ask if the error is a toolchain (gcc/binutils)
error, or is the kernel to be fixed?

thanks,
Christian.

  CC      arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_htab.o
  AS      arch/ppc/kernel/l2cr.o
arch/ppc/kernel/l2cr.S: Assembler messages:
arch/ppc/kernel/l2cr.S:110: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `dssall'
arch/ppc/kernel/l2cr.S:278: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `dssall'
arch/ppc/kernel/l2cr.S:387: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `dssall'
make[1]: *** [arch/ppc/kernel/l2cr.o] Error 1

GNU ld version 2.15
  Supported emulations:
   elf32ppclinux
   elf32ppc
   elf32ppcsim

- --
BOFH excuse #416:

We're out of slots on the server

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/