Subject: Re: Little survey: SCM systems?

From: Oliver Korpilla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:16:37 +0200

Iñigo Lopez Barranco wrote:
>
>I would like to know which software configuration system (SCM) have
>you people tried. I found a nice comparison between different systems
>in http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/ and Vesta seems really
>interesting. Anyone has tried it?

No, sorry.

>We're using CVS right now, but it has some limitations wich can become
>quite bothering. Also, we have to compile for several different
>platforms, using different toolchains, etc. Any SCM that you would
>recommend for this kind of development.

I currently used Subversion, after being disappointed with the usability
of CVS. Somehow everything works in SVN as it should have in CVS - I
mean, what I disliked about CVS, or found counter-intuitive, is
different with SVN.

Disclaimer: I've only used it for a "small scale" driver port and
platform port project.

But it seems to do quite well and I'm more efficient with it than with CVS.

With kind regards,
Oliver Korpilla

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/