Subject: Re: GLibC cross compile for ppc-linux

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:23:14 +0200

Hi Mark, hi all,

sorry for the delay!
In between i've managed to get arround this: "isomac" checks the header files
and can't find an #include <{asm,linux}/errno.h> within the errno.h it is
checking. So, two links to the linux include dir (asm,linux) will help, since
the configure switch "--with-headers=$linux-dir/include" doesn't work at this
point.

Oliver

|---------->
|          |
|          |
|---------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Mark Hatle <[email-masked]>                                            |
  |2000-07-17 19:00                                                        |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I've been cross-compiling glibc-2.1.3 for ppc 7xx and 8xx for a while
now.  I've yet to see any problems like that.  What if your host OS,
(i.e. RedHat, debian etc? and it's version.)  And what are you
targeting?

--Mark

[email-masked] wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> i'm trying to build the glibc 2.1.3 on a i686-linux machine for a
powerpc-linux
> embedded target. The make command works fine (...no errors) but somehow "make
> check" stops in the "stdlib tests" part when it is invoking the "isomac"
command
> for the first time (after compiling it):
>

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/