Subject: Re: Linux 2.6.x on 8xx status

From: Pantelis Antoniou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:50:53 +0300

Smith, Craig wrote:
>>>I seem to be able ro run it OK on 8xx with an extra patch
>>>that most people (including Dan :) ) find gross.
> 
> I don't mind gross patches....could you point me to this patch?
> 
> 

It's not online. We are just trying to find an acceptable solution
for the proper fix.

Please be patient a bit.

>>>Use the new ethernet & serial drivers (fec_8xx & cpm_uart),
>>>and try again.
> 
> Ah ha...I didn't even notice that since it wasn't showing up
> in my menuconfig (depends on NETTA). Thanks I'll try it.
> 

Still work in progress.

> Regards,
> -Craig

Regards

Pantelis