Subject: Re: uboot and ppc405

From: Peter Ryser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:55:33 -0700

>I have every confidence that it works on the ML300, just not on other
>boards, including both the Memec board and our in house prototypes.
>
My web and mail server runs on a Memec board. I've seen our and customer 
boards up and running for extended periods of time without any problems 
with regard to System ACE CF.

>>There is now a MVL preview kit for the Memec board. You might want to
>>try it out and see whether the problems you observe persist.
>>    
>>
>
>Is this the one which doesn't actually use the SystemACE for a filesystem?
>
System ACE CF can be turned on in the kernel configuration. Making a 
root filesystem on the CF or MD is straight forward.

>>Looking at the postings back in April I can only say that I never saw
>>any similar problems.
>>    
>>
>
>Others have done so. I'll check with the hardware guys and see if I
>can't send you a simple hardware case that falls over at some point -
>I'm slightly constrained to release hardware designs and so on until
>after this thing is ready to ship.
>
Ok, that's a plan. When you are ready please file a web case and mention 
my name so that the problem resolution gets tracked properly.

- Peter