Subject: Re: problem with insmod

From: evilninja <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:00:13 +0100

Arrigo Benedetti schrieb:
> After some research I found that to load a module on the 2.6 kernel one

yes, http://www.linux.org.uk/~davej/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt is a good
start for 2.4 -> 2.6 upgrades.

> So I compile and install module-init-tools, but I get the same error.
> Does anyone know what's going on?

hm, are you sure the new "insmod" and "modprobe" are the *right* ones?
the PATH  variable will help here or try to specify the exact path on the
cmd line. here i have:

evil@prinz:~$ /sbin/modprobe -V
module-init-tools version 3.1-pre6
vil@prinz:~$ file /sbin/modprobe*
/sbin/modprobe:           ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, [...]
/sbin/modprobe.Lmodutils: symbolic link to `insmod'
/sbin/modprobe.modutils:  symbolic link to `insmod.modutils'

Christian.
- --
BOFH excuse #391:

We already sent around a notice about that.