Subject: Re: AW: video card for Lite5200

From: Clemens Koller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:11:17 +0100

Hi, Martin!

> From the silicon motion homepage you could get a framebuffer driver for
> the SM501 PCI card. This should work without great modifications for
> PPC systems.

Thank you, I know that thing. I started with that driver, but I did
quite a lot of code cleanup (I guess there are lots of leftovers from 
the SM7xx parts). I am about to put this into a loadable kernel module 
fbdev driver. Later on, we might need some power management, use it on 
different resolutions and use the other on-chip peripherals...

> On our board (with MPC5200 CPU), we connected the SM501 not over PCI,
> but over the local bus. You could find the driver in the 
> linuxppc_2_4_devel Kernel from the Denx CVS server. Look at: http://www.denx.de/e/index1.php?head=solution-se-head&main=solution-se&subnav=solution-se-subnav&logo=logo-se&mainnav=softwarenav&bottom=bottom-se

I'll have a look at that one, too. Thanks...
Do you use any of the other peripherals of the SM501, too?
(USB, Audio, 8051)

Best greets,

Clemens Koller