Subject: Re: TZ variable setting for denx 2.4.20

From: Robin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 07:03:28 +0530

Thanks for your response..

I have tried with the standard linux date too. That too doesnt seem to 
consider
timezone variable that has been set. Can you give me a way for setting 
timezone
for southern hemisphere countries?? The busybox code uses strftime function.
But that does not seem to consider TZ variable...

Regards,
Robin

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>In message <[email-masked]> you wrote:
>
>>I am trying to find a way of setting TZ environment variable with DST
>>
>
>Your subject is misleading. Timezone handling is a user space  issue.
>It has nothing to do with the kernel verison.
>
>>I am using 2.4.20 linux kernel from denx.I am running date command from
>>
>
>This has nothing to do with your problems.
>
>>busybox version 0.6 which in is using strftime. The processor is ppc860T.
>>
>
>BB 0.6 ? AFAICT there is no such version. Do you mean  busybox-0.60.5 ?
>
>This is awfully old. Maybe  you  should  try  running  an  up-to-date
>version  of  busybox  first?  If  this doesn;'t work, please consider
>using the real GNU date  command.  You  should  understand  that  the
>busybox  tools  only provide limited functionality, so fancy features
>like complex timezone support may not be available.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Wolfgang Denk
>