Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.x to MPC8540/Microsys Board

From: Clemens Koller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:36:39 +0100

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>>Which is the best Kernel source tree to start porting 2.6.x to the pm854 
>>platform? I would prefer to stuck with the official sources. Is that a 
>>good idea?
 >
> Yes.

Thank you, that's what I wanted to hear :-)

>>Is it a good idea to just 'copy' the pm854 platform specific files (PCI 
>>  initialization and some MTD driver options) to the 2.6.10 tree and see
>>how it works?
> 
> Copy from where? from 2.4? No.

Well, I don't know how the platform specific things got moved from 2.4 
to 2.6 in the past (yes I am a newbie). I have a working 
2.4.26-pm854-something with a platform/pm854_defconfig (and some changed 
non-official(?) files for the PCI and MTDs) and I want to get the same 
for 2.6.10+ without changing things at the wrong place.

Best greets,

Clemens Koller
_______________________________
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH
Rupert-Mayer-Str. 45/1
81379 Muenchen
Germany

http://www.anagramm.de
Phone: +49-89-741518-50
Fax: +49-89-741518-19