Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.x to MPC8540/Microsys Board

From: Clemens Koller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:33:35 +0100

Kumar Gala wrote:

> I would suggest 2.6.10 if you want an official kernel release.  Is this 
> board generally available to people? 

Yes: www.microsys.de miriac Module: PM854 (and some others)

> Be aware there are some infrastrucal changes I'm working on that moves 
> the 85xx sub-arch support from using OCP to platform_device.  However, 
> these have minor changes on the board files.

I've read your last mails in this list... therefore I am asking. :-)
I just don't want to re-invent the wheel twice. In the pm854 specific
things there are also some OCP updates. (Well, I am still reading lots 
of code... newland for me)
I try to contact the developer Josef Wagner at Microsys who was working
on the 2.4.26-sth.

> I would take a look at how 2.6 is structured for 85xx.  I tried to do a 
> better job and provide more common code for a board port to leverage.  
> So for something like PCI, you should hopefully just have to setup your 
> memory map and IRQ routing.

I am comparing 2.4.26-sth with 2.6.10 now. The changes are manageable as 
far as I got it. Where can I get the current work from you?!

Greets,

Clemens Koller
_______________________________
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH
Rupert-Mayer-Str. 45/1
81379 Muenchen
Germany

http://www.anagramm.de
Phone: +49-89-741518-50
Fax: +49-89-741518-19