Subject: Re: MPC8272ADS and frame buffer

From: Federico Lucifredi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:20:55 -0500

Bora Þahin wrote:

>Hello Federico,
>
>Thanks for the infos...
>
>FL> You also 
>FL> want to test that the buffer setup of the whole thing is designed 
>FL> correctly for the kind of response and thruput you will need... I have 
>FL> seen reports on the mailing list of people having trouble b/c of some 
>FL> crippleware used in bus implementations.
>
>I dont understand it exactly. May you able to explain it a bit clearly?
>
>Thanks for the infos...
>  
>
I meant that you have to stress-test the bus connection that you are 
going to use to whatever graphic hardware you
select - you cannot count on embedded hardware being bleeding-edge 
performance, and you are going to play 25 or 30 frames a second over 
that bus -- it is a lot of data, and you have bandwidth (hopefully not a 
problem with pci) and jitter (delay variance) constraints.

    -Federico

-- 
_________________________________________
-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish

Muad'Dib of Caladan (Federico L. Lucifredi)- Harvard University & BU
http://metcs.bu.edu/~lucifred