Subject: Re: Edge Interrupts (Virtex-II Pro)

From: Joshua Lamorie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:29:50 +0000

Andrei Konovalov wrote:

> As this code is not board specific at all,
> I would move it to arch/ppc/syslib/xilinx_pic.c:ppc4xx_pic_init().
> Does it sound reasonable (I'll prepare the patch this weekend then)?

This sounds useful, since I am using a custom developed board using the 
Virtex-II Pro. Unfortunately, the patch wouldn't help me much because I 
am doing my interrupt setup for most of my custom devices within 
modules. You see my hardware has a Virtex-II Pro and a Virtex-II with a 
shared (logically) address space (OPB). I have cascaded interrupt 
controllers (ask me if anyone wants the code). So it is quite often that 
I have a changed hardware and therefore require different drivers. 
Rather than downloading to flash the 700k kernel each time while I am 
developing, I just download the 6k - 20k modules. Then I store them in 
onboard NOR flash.

That's a long way of saying YES, isn't it?

Joshua

-- 

Xiphos Technologies
(514) 848-9640 x227
(514) 848-9644 fax

www.xiplink.com
_______________________________________________
The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.  If you have
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.