Subject: Re: Support for Adder875 in Linux 2.4

From: Jan Damborsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:37:22 +0100

Markus Westergren wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm working on a project which will use hardware based on Analogue & Micro
>Adder875 module together with Linux 2.4.
>
>I use RedBoot as bootloader and kernel 2.4.27-pre1, both came with the Adder
>module.
>
>The project require:
>
> - dual ethernet support with AM79C874 PHY
>   The driver I've found (fec.c) only supports one ethernet. I'v started
>	modifying a newer version of this driver which have support for my PHY. I
>	have made some progress but it's not working yet. Found out that the first
>	FEC is used to communicate with both PHY's. Both devices are detected
>	correctly and the first seems to work but the second hangs the kernel when
>	the first packet is sent or received.
>  
>
We use our proprietary board with MPC880, dual ethernet + Am79C874 PHY.
Kernel 2.4.25  (linuxppc_2_4_devel checked out from www.denx.de). Original
source tree supports only one FEC, but with minor ugly hack we utilize 
both MPC880 FECs
without problem. If interested, I can send you a patch for get 2nd FEC 
working.