Subject: Re: Lite5200 full duplex support

From: Sylvain Munaut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:46:09 +0100

Grant Likely wrote:

>I'm using Sylvain's http://bkbits.246tnt.com:14690/linux-2.5-mpc52xx
>bk tree on a lite5200 evb.  I noticed that the FEC driver is hard
>coded to only support half duplex 10/100 auto-negotiation.  Is that
>intentional?  Are there any known problems with running full duplex?
>
>I modified the code to allow full duplex and I haven't observed any
>problems yet.  (w/ nfsroot and compiling apps on the target natively)
>
>Cheers,
>g.
>
>BTW, here's what I changed:
>drivers/net/fec_mpc52xx/fec_phy.c line 294 (phy_info_lxt971)
>from:
>        { mk_mii_write(MII_REG_ANAR, 0x0A1), NULL }, /* 10/100, HD */
>to:
>        { mk_mii_write(MII_REG_ANAR, 0x1E1), NULL }, /* 10/100, HD */
>
>  
>
I'm not sure actually. I also wondered and forgot to ask the author. I guess
I always tought there was a problem with it without checking.

Good to know it's working. Thanks

    Sylvain