Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.10-rc3][PPC32] Fix Motorola PReP (PowerstackII Utah) PCI IRQ map

From: Christian Kujau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:27:31 +0100

Leigh Brown wrote:
>>>It detects the HBA, tries device discovery, gets a timeout, ABORT,
>>>timeout, TARGET RESET, timeout, BUS RESET, timeout, HOST RESET and
>>>there it hangs.

it does not really hang, it just tries to initialize every target of the
HBA (here: from sym0:0:0: to sym0:15:0, see [1] for more info) and it is
so busy with it that the bootprocess seems to hang. after failing with the
last target, booting continues just fine. (i have no disks attached,
booting via nfsroot)

> Ah, this could well be my fault.  Those patches were to improve support
> of IBM RS/6000 PReP boxes.  Do those machines have residual data?  If
> so, could anyone who has one send me the contents of /proc/residual?
> 
> Also, a full boot log when working and failing would be cool.

[1] it's all here: http://nerdbynature.de/bits/hal/2.6.11-rc3/

(yes, they are from different dates, but the setup is the same. the
kernelversion from messages is 2.6.11-rc2, the rest is all 2.6.11-rc3,
from vanilla (-BK) sources)

thanks,
Christian.
- --
BOFH excuse #67:

descramble code needed from software company