Subject: Re: [PATCH][PPC32] mv64x60 updates

From: "Mark A. Greer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:28:56 -0700

Sven Luther wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 05:14:25PM -0700, Mark A. Greer wrote:
>  
>
>>Hi Andrew.
>>
>>This patch briges the mv64x60 related code up to the latest that I have.
>>    
>>
>
>Mark, ...
>
>I am a bit bewildered by what you are doing here. How does this mv64x60 code
>relate to the mv643xx_eth driver from the mips folk ? 
>
>Friendly,
>
>Sven Luther
>

Hi Sven.

The mv64x60 is a Marvell host bridge with some I/O ctlrs including 3 
enet cltrs.  There are virtually identical versions for MIPS (called 
mv64x4x) and PPC (called mv64x6x).  The mv643xx_eth driver was 
originally written by the MIPS folks, as you note, but Dale Farnsworth 
has spent a lot of time making it work on both MIPS and PPC.  The code 
you see in the mv64x60.c file is a part of that.  I believe that Dale's 
patch(es) have been accepted and are queued to go into the mainline tree 
at some point.

Did I answer your question?

Mark