Subject: Re: 2.6 4xx GPIO OCP driver?

From: "Travis B. Sawyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:51:45 -0500

Matt Porter wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 03:25:04PM -0500, Travis B. Sawyer wrote:
> 
>>Steven Blakeslee wrote:
>>>>In 2.4 we used the drivers/char/ibm_ocp_gpio.c module.  I see 
>>>>no such support in 2.6.10.  I perused the archives, found 
>>>>nothing
>>>I see it.  Drivers/char/ibm_gpio.c in Linux 2.6.10-rc3.
>>
<SNIPPAGE above>
> I didn't bother merging it upstream at one time. It wasn't clear
> if the driver had any value over just mmaping /dev/mem to bang
> on the couple gpio registers directly.

Matt:

Good point, and that'll work for 2.4 also, which means I don't have to 
support different usercode btw the two versions of the kernel.

Thanx,

Travis