Subject: Re: boot time scheduling hile atomic

From: _evil <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:06:01 +0100

Joerg Dorchain wrote:
>>>
>>>i don't know why you're getting this error, but seeing "swapper" to be
>>>involved here: can you compile with CONFIG_SWAP=n and boot this one?
>>
>>I'll do tonight.
> 
> Did so, no effect on this. IMHO "swapper" is a somewhat misguiding name
> for the idle task with pid 0.

yes, i just guessed. sadly, it did not help :-\
and i can't decode the backtrace either.

does the system halt after the message? if not, we a re not in a hurry 
and if you have time you could possbily track it down a bit to 1) the 
kernelversion when it happened first and/or 2) find the .config option, 
that causes this error.

if the box halts after this, and no guru from linuxppc-dev is available, 
maybe you should try and post on linux-kernel too.

just my 2c,
Christian.