Subject: [PATCH] compilation failure due to confliction of time_offset

From: Takeharu KATO <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 01:45:28 +0900

Hi all:

I send carbon copy of the mail to maintainers of Embedded PowerPC,
because I can not figure out who is responsible for arch/ppc/kernel/time.c.

I found a trivial bug made compilation fail.
I show error log as follows:

-- error log
arch/ppc/kernel/time.c:92: error: static declaration of 'time_offset'
follows non-static declaration
include/linux/timex.h:236: error: previous declaration of 'time_offset'
was heremake[1]: *** [arch/ppc/kernel/time.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/ppc/kernel] Error 2
--

Please apply following patch if this is a correct fix.

Regards,
-- 
Takeharu KATO

Signed-off-by: Takeharu KATO <[email-masked]>

--- linux-2.6.11.maybe/arch/ppc/kernel/time.c   2005-03-05
23:58:20.000000000 +0900
+++ linux-2.6.11/arch/ppc/kernel/time.c 2005-03-13 00:46:49.000000000 +0900
@@ -89,7 +89,6 @@ unsigned long tb_to_ns_scale;

 extern unsigned long wall_jiffies;

-static long time_offset;

 DEFINE_SPINLOCK(rtc_lock);