Subject: Re: Classic PPC specific ASM (CONFIG_6XX)

From: Jerome Glisse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:59:50 +0100

> I have a feeling CONFIG_6xx isn't selected for a good reason.  Can you
> try, as a kludge, removing define_bool PPC_PREP from arch/ppc/Kconfig
> and seeing if you can build / boot ?  Thanks.
> 
> --
> Tom Rini
> http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/
> 

Seems that this flags is linked to many things :) I tried removing PPC_PREP
bool but the kernel fail to compile with again new errors :

arch/ppc/kernel/built-in.o(.init.text+0x610): In function `DoSyscall':
arch/ppc/kernel/entry.S: undefined reference to `prep_init'

arch/ppc/platforms/built-in.o(.pmac.text+0x936): In function 
'note_bootable_part':
: undefined reference to `boot_dev'

I attach my config, someone asked me for that previously but
i crashed my system since, thus here it is.

Jerome Glisse