Subject: Platform bus/ppc sys model - [Fwd: bi_recs and u-boot ppcboot.h]

From: Jon Masters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:36:29 +0100

Hi all,

I hope Wolfgang doesn't mind me forwarding this :-) This is what I have
some limited time for at the moment - but work takes priority!

Cheers,

Jon.

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: bi_recs and u-boot ppcboot.h
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 03:00:18 +0000
From: Jon Masters <[email-masked]>
Organization: World Organi[sz]ation Of Broken Dreams
To: Wolfgang Denk <[email-masked]>

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm looking at this bi_recs replacement again. Do you have any
particular objection to me extending bd_info (at the end, only if
CONFIG_FAKEOFTREE is selected) to add a pointer to a BLOB of fake OF
device tree?

Assuming not, I'm going to try to figure out how to do this in u-boot.
Do you have a ppc405 board online at the moment with a BDI2000 OOI? I
can't see one on pollux or xpert at the moment - if you've got one spare
that can be made available at some point, please let me know.

( basically, I've got ppcboot on an old CPCI405 here but it's not
trivial to fix if I break it and I don't know much about whether u-boot
supports chaining in to a new u-boot loaded from within itself...but it
probably does, I guess. Bah, it's late, I'm rambling...).

Cheers,

Jon.