Subject: Unhandled relocation of type 11

From: Joshua Lamorie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:18:32 -0400

Please excuse this cross-post, but I think it is of interest to both 
RTAI and Linux PPC folks.

I am making a kernel module (an RTAI task) that needs floating point 
support so I'm using IBMs perflib floating-point libraries (on a 
Virtex-II Pro, aka ppc405).

This is actually built from Matlab/simulink real-time workshop output (I 
can't use rtai-lab because I don't think lxrt is available for ppc)... 
so there end up being many object files to link.

So, in the end I have a linker command as follows.

powerpc-405-linux-gnu-ld -r -m elf32ppclinux -L/some/directories
matlab_root/rtw/c/libsrc/rt_zcfcn.o other.o inputs.o -o module_output.o
perflibs/fpopt/libppcfp.a

Then I go to insert the module and....
/var/shm # insmod test001_build_rtmodule.o
Warning: loading test001_build_rtmodule.o will taint the kernel: non-GPL 
license - Proprietary
  See http://www.tux.org/lkml/#export-tainted for information about 
tainted modules
test001_build_rtmodule.o: Unhandled relocation of type 11 for __fixdfsi
test001_build_rtmodule.o: Unhandled relocation of type 11 for __fixdfsi

Hrmm... so any ideas on what type 11 is?  I can see from the code in 
modutils that this value is inside rel->r_info, such as R_PPC_ADDR32 or 
R_PPC_ADDR16_HA.

But where do I get more info about where r_info gets assigned?  Do I 
need to link libppcfp.a in a particular way?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua

-- 

Xiphos Technologies
(514) 848-9640 x227
(514) 848-9644 fax

www.xiplink.com
_______________________________________________
The information transmitted is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.  If you have
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.