Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6.12-rc2] Freescale 8272ADS PCI bridge support to the stock linux-2.5 (updated)

From: Vitaly Bordug <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:04:23 +0400

Kumar Gala wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Vitaly Bordug wrote:
>
>Finally, had some time to really look at this patch, comments are inline. 
>Look for (galak).  A few high level comments:
>
>Can we fold pq2ads_setup_hose into pq2ads_setup_pci? 
>
No problem, I think...

> Also, is there 
>anything to be done to unify m8260_setup_pci & 
>pq2ads_setup_pci..
>
Well, in my opinion, m8260_setup_pci should be replaced with 
pq2ads_setup_pci, as far as they are intended to do the same (as I 
mentioned in my very first PCI patch marked as RFC). But I actually 
cannot test this stuff on anything other than 8272ads, so this way I'm 
trying not to break existing code. The latter, BTW, currently has 
limited functionality and I _guess_ I will not break anything if only 
pq2ads_setup_pci remain. What do you think?

Other issues will be fixed shortly.

Thanks.

-- 
Sincerely, 
Vitaly