Subject: problem compiling linux with ELDK: `bd_t' undeclared

From: Peter Asemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:47:01 +0200

Hi there!

I'm having a problem compiling Linux 2.4.25 as included in ELDK version 
3.1 / Build 2004-11-10.

When trying to compile ppc_8xx/usr/src/linux-2.4.25/drivers/char/flash.c 
it throws an error:

ppc_8xx-gcc -D__KERNEL__ 
-I/opt/asemann/eldk/ppc_8xx/usr/src/linux-2.4.25/include -Wall 
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common 
-fomit-frame-pointer 
-I/opt/asemann/eldk/ppc_8xx/usr/src/linux-2.4.25/arch/ppc -fsigned-char 
-msoft-float -pipe -ffixed-r2 -Wno-uninitialized -mmultiple -mstring 
-nostdinc -I /opt/asemann/eldk/usr/lib/gcc-lib/ppc-linux/3.3.3/include 
-DKBUILD_BASENAME=flash  -c -o flash.o flash.c
flash.c: In function `flash_init':
flash.c:446: error: `bd_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
flash.c:446: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
flash.c:446: error: for each function it appears in.)
flash.c:446: error: `bd' undeclared (first use in this function)
flash.c:446: error: parse error before ')' token
make[3]: *** [flash.o] Error 1

It looks like it misses ppcboot.h or something. Is there something I 
need to select in the kernel configuration to get rid of that error?

Thanks for reading,

Peter Asemann