Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/04] Freescale Ethernet combined driver

From: Pantelis Antoniou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:17:49 +0300

Matt Porter wrote:
> On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 02:45:03PM +0300, Pantelis Antoniou wrote:
> 
>>Hi
>>
>>The following patch is a combined FCC/FEC ethernet driver
>>for the Freescale line of PowerQUICCs.
>>
>>FECs on 8xx and FCCs on 82xx are supported.
>>
>>This part of the patch contains the mac drivers
>>for FEC & FCC.
> 
> 
> As mentioned on IRC, this needs to be scrubbed of all iopa() usage
> in favor of standard DMA API calls.
> 
> -Matt
> 
> 

This patch replace iopa use with virt_to_phys.

Regards

Pantelis

Index: linux-2.6.11.7-fs_enet/drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.11.7-fs_enet.orig/drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c
+++ linux-2.6.11.7-fs_enet/drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c
@@ -226,8 +226,8 @@ static void restart(struct net_device *d
 		__fcc_out8((char *)ep + i, 0);
 
 	/* point to bds */
-	W32(ep, fen_genfcc.fcc_rbase, iopa((__u32)fep->rx_bd_base));
-	W32(ep, fen_genfcc.fcc_tbase, iopa((__u32)fep->tx_bd_base));
+	W32(ep, fen_genfcc.fcc_rbase, virt_to_phys(fep->rx_bd_base));
+	W32(ep, fen_genfcc.fcc_tbase, virt_to_phys(fep->tx_bd_base));
 
 	/* Set maximum bytes per receive buffer.
 	 * It must be a multiple of 32.
Index: linux-2.6.11.7-fs_enet/drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fec.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.11.7-fs_enet.orig/drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fec.c
+++ linux-2.6.11.7-fs_enet/drivers/net/fs_enet/mac-fec.c
@@ -306,8 +306,8 @@ static void restart(struct net_device *d
 	/*
 	 * Set receive and transmit descriptor base. 
 	 */
-	FW(fecp, r_des_start, iopa((__u32)fep->rx_bd_base));
-	FW(fecp, x_des_start, iopa((__u32)fep->tx_bd_base));
+	FW(fecp, r_des_start, virt_to_phys(fep->rx_bd_base));
+	FW(fecp, x_des_start, virt_to_phys(fep->tx_bd_base));
 
 	fs_init_bds(dev);