Subject: Re: 2GB address space limit on 32-bit PowerPC Macintosh

From: "Mark A. Greer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:00:43 -0700

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>
>series are by no mean stable. Embedded code has been rather frozen in
>the rock, I don't think it's much to ask from the appropriate maintainer
>to have a quick look at possibly upgrading their board support as well.
>

Seems reasonable to me.

>And it isn't a difficult change for most 6xx/7xx/7xxx based boards
>anyway.
>

 From a quick grep, it looks like apus, gemini, k2, lopec, pplus, prep, 
and prpmc800 are the offenders in the 6xx/7xx/74xx world.  Does anyone 
even care about the lopec and k2 anymore?

> What I'm worried about is that without some "pressure" (like
>breaking them), it will simply never be fixed...
>

Probably true...

Mark